[Freetype] Supporting Non-Unicode enc. in BDF driver of ft2

From: Jacky, Lau
Subject: [Freetype] Supporting Non-Unicode enc. in BDF driver of ft2
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 17:38:37 +0800

Hi,

        I've  just found that, the bdf driver inside freetype is only support
unicode encoding. The the font is not encoded in Unicode, it will use adobe
standard encoding. Would anyone can tell me the reason of Unicode encoding only
in that piece of code??

        As bdf font can be encoding in other legacy encoding (eg Big5). As
there is some Big5 or other legacy encoded bdf exists (at least I used it with
my XFree).

Zenith