[Freetype] Freetype as extended framebuffer kernel module???

From: Alan West
Subject: [Freetype] Freetype as extended framebuffer kernel module???
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 13:42:58 +0100

Hi all,

I've been wondering for a while now whether it would be possible to get
freetype support implemented as an extension module to the framebuffer
stuff in the kernel. I just thought it would be cool to use TrueType
fonts for text representation right at the earliest point of the Linux
kernel booting up...  Has anyone ever thought of this or found it to be
feasible?

Thanks
Alan