Re: [Freetype] TTF embedded bitmap support

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Freetype] TTF embedded bitmap support
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 18:07:35 +0200

Brian Stell wrote:

David Turner wrote:

Hello Paul,

Pedriana, Paul wrote:

I have a question about embedded bitmaps that is unrelated to
previous questions I've posted here related to bitmapped fonts.

Does FreeType support embedded bitmaps in TrueType fonts?
In other words, if someone makes a TTF font with some embedded
monochrome bitmaps, will FreeType automatically use them if
the right size is requested?

Yes !

There was some issue with older versions needing to have the
unhinted bit set for FteeType2 to use embedded bitmaps. At least
I had this issue when using the FT cache.

True, but this has been fixed in 2.0.6, which is rather old right
now..

Regards,

- David Turner