Re: [Freetype] 2.1.1 Mac OSX problem

From: nigel kerr
Subject: Re: [Freetype] 2.1.1 Mac OSX problem
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 22:12:10 -0400

hello Henry Maddocks, et al,

i *just today* encountered what i believe is the same problem: i was
attempting to make a macosx framework with Project Builder.  the
excursion i made in this:

  comparing what docs/BUILD told me should be compiled and what is built
  in builds/mac/freetype.make, i was missing base/ftmac.c my first time
  around.  ftmac.c has an expanded set of code for FT_New_Face on the mac,
  and it says a lot of informative things about itself in its code.

  so base/ftmac.c needs to be added to the files to compile.

  but headers and libraries aren't the same on macosx as they are for
  the original environment base/ftmac.c wants.  changing the includes from

    #include <Resources.h>
    #include <Fonts.h>
    #include <Errors.h>
    #include <Files.h>
    #include <TextUtils.h>

    #include <CoreServices/CoreServices.h>
    #include <ApplicationServices/ApplicationServices.h>

  (and including those two frameworks, CoreServices and ApplicationServices
  among linked frameworks) seems to make Project Builder happy enough to
  compile a framework that appears to work and have FT_New_Face defined and
  usable (or, at least usable enough to be able to init a freetype library,
  and read different kinds of font files; haven't gotten a chance to get to
  actually drawing anything on an NSView, say).

is there an official project-builder project files/build for freetype already
somewheres?  i shouldn't pretend what i have to get this far is usable yet.

cheers,
nigel

address@hidden wrote:
I tried testing freetype 2.1.1 last night and found that the symbol FT_New_Face is missing from the dynamic lib.

I am dyslexic of Borg.  Prepare to have your ass laminated