Re: [Freetype] Problem compiling GD with TTF support

From: Michael Still
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Problem compiling GD with TTF support
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 08:47:22 +1000

On Sat, 15 Jun 2002, John Nix wrote:

[ Snip whole bunch of non-errors ]

> gcc -I. -I/usr/include/freetype2 -O2 -march=i386 -mcpu=i686
> -L/usr/X11R6/lib -fPIC -O -DHAVE_LIBXPM -DHAVE_LIBPNG -DHAVE_LIBJPEG
> -DHAVE_LIBTTF   -c -o gdttf.o gdttf.c
> gdttf.c:66: parse error before `TT_Engine'
> gdttf.c:66: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
> gdttf.c:67: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

[ Snip lots of stuff ]

> It looks like a programming error in the .c file.  Can someone possibly
> help me figure out what is going on with this?  Thanks...

Hmmm, while only knowing a little about gd, it looks to me like one of the
following (perhaps):
 - missing a #include they need
 - wrong version of the truetype library (missing symbols)
 - possible satanic possession

I would recommend finding the recomended version of freetype for gd and
compiling with that. Failing that, mail the gd development mailing list...

Mikal

--

Michael Still (address@hidden)     UMT+10hrs