[Freetype] using Bitstream Stroke-Based Fonts

From: Nir Rostoker
Subject: [Freetype] using Bitstream Stroke-Based Fonts
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 11:53:57 +0300

Hi !
A company called Bitstream has come with a relatively new font set,
Stroke-Based Fonts , for Asian fonts, in which the font file is very small
comparing to other formats.
Since in Asian fonts the font file is quite big (few mega bytes !) I wonder
if I can use this font with the FT engine, without the need to parse the
file by myself.

Does anyone know if FT can work with this font ? Did anyone tried it ?

Thanks,
Nir