Re: [Freetype] FreeType 2 changes required for XFree86

From: Antoine Leca
Subject: Re: [Freetype] FreeType 2 changes required for XFree86
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 15:53:50 +0200

Brian Stell wrote:

> Defining common names like ''read'' always leads to problems
> when using multiple packages.

Fully agreed.

> Why doesn't XFree86 follow common C protocol and use uppercase?

Perhaps because this is not *that* common, except of course for
the C code produced by a small company in far north-west USA,
named something like yocto$oft.  ;-)

> Better yet, why not use a name like XF86_READ to avoid conflicts
> on such common names?

This sounds much much better to me. Also an option is XF86_Read
(plain full caps is commonly reserved for manifest constants).

Antoine