[Freetype] Scalable fonts installation utility for XFree86

From: Juliusz Chroboczek
Subject: [Freetype] Scalable fonts installation utility for XFree86
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 22:46:30 +0200

Hello,

Continuing the effort to get rid of obsolete font rendering libraries,
I've written a font configuration utility for XFree86 based on
FreeType 2.  It is similar to Joerg Pommnitz's ``ttmkfdir'', but uses
fontenc for encodings (thus guaranteeing consistency with the
encodings known to the X server).  In addition, it does a reasonable
job of handling Type 1 fonts.

It is available as patch number 5213, and also from

  http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~jch/software/files/

as the file mkfontscale-20020404.tar.gz

I'm of course grateful for testing; I'd also be grateful if people
could tell me whether there are any features of the mutant branches of
ttmkfdir that they need included.

While I haven't used any code from Joerg, I gratefully acknowledge the
influence of his utility.

Regards,

                                        Juliusz