[Freetype] Augmenting a Font

From: Allen Barnett
Subject: [Freetype] Augmenting a Font
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 18:15:23 -0500

Hi,

I've got an application where I'd like to synthesize several glyphs and
add them to an existing face. Specifically, I'd like to make some fractions
out of the numerals already in a font (selected by the user, so I don't know
what font it is beforehand). They would have a private encoding in the
UNICODE F0000 range and some appropriate metrics. Then my rendering code can
just refer to UF0xxx and I can compute the layout of these glyphs easily.

FreeType2's API doesn't describe a way to augment a face. Is there a
straight-forward way to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Allen