[Freetype] FT_New_Face question

From: Mark Storer
Subject: [Freetype] FT_New_Face question
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 13:34:21 -0800

Is there any way to make FT_New_Face a "lighter" operation?  All I want is
unicode->glyph ID mapping and the PS name from a given file.  I'm not
interested in the font metrics, vector/bitmap information, or anything else.

I noticed that FT_Open_Face can accept a parameter list, and that no one has
implemented parameter handling (in the source I have... v2.0.5 I believe).

Is there anything I can do short of parsing SNFT and PS files myself?

--Mark Storer
  Software Engineer
  Cardiff Software

#include <disclaimer>
typedef std::disclaimer<Cardiff> Discard;