Re: [Freetype] Make failure

From: davmaz
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Make failure
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 21:43:13 -0500

Henry,
You're the man! I don't have time to try it, but it seems like you know exactly what's happening.

  Thanks for your effort!
Dave

On Sunday, March 17, 2002, at 07:55 PM, address@hidden wrote:

This is because of a change in the way 10.1 runtime enviroment handles shared libraries. See http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macosx/ReleaseNotes/TwoLevelNamespaces.
html for more details.

This problem will go away when (if) freetype is upgraded to use the latest version of libtool. In the meantime try this hack:)

run make setup and make as per usual
if/when it barfs with the above error message edit the file...
builds/unix/libtool

search for the line ...

allow_undefined_flag="-undefined suppress"

and comment it out. Stick a # in front. Type make again and bobs your aunty's live in lover. Then continue as per the instruction that came with freetype.

henry