Re: [Freetype] Antialiasing with ftgrays/smooth module.

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Antialiasing with ftgrays/smooth module.
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 21:57:53 +0100

Hello,

David Chester a écrit :

> How can I set the renderer to the one defined in /src/smooth/ftgrays.c ?
>
> It looks like somehow I need to call FT_Set_Renderer, but I don't see how
> I can create an FT_Renderer which specefies to use the 'smooth' module.

You don't need to call "FT_Set_Renderer", this is done automatically
whenever you need anti-aliased rendering..

> I gather that nautilus and gsview use ftgrays for antialiasing, and I've
> looked at their code for examples.  However, it appears that the gsview
> code uses a significantly old version of freetype, and nautilus is
> converting to pango.

I don't know enough about these projects to answer this question. One
important thing is that Nautilus seems to use un-hinted anti-aliasing
exclusively..

> Can anyone point me to some example code, or shed some light on
> FT_Set_Renderer ?  Some advice would be much appreciated.

You shouldn't use "FT_Set_Renderer" unless you provide your own
rendering module for FreeType. I don't think there is much use to it
for now..

Regards,

- David Turner