[Freetype] Antialiasing with ftgrays/smooth module.

From: David Chester
Subject: [Freetype] Antialiasing with ftgrays/smooth module.
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:25:47 -0800 (PST)

How can I set the renderer to the one defined in /src/smooth/ftgrays.c ?

It looks like somehow I need to call FT_Set_Renderer, but I don't see how
I can create an FT_Renderer which specefies to use the 'smooth' module.

I gather that nautilus and gsview use ftgrays for antialiasing, and I've
looked at their code for examples.  However, it appears that the gsview
code uses a significantly old version of freetype, and nautilus is
converting to pango.

Can anyone point me to some example code, or shed some light on
FT_Set_Renderer ?  Some advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much.
David C.