Re: [Freetype] replace windows buildin rasterizer

From: Antoine Leca
Subject: Re: [Freetype] replace windows buildin rasterizer
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 20:30:35 +0100

Xuqiang Bai wrote:

> Sorry, I misunderstood the "co-exist".
> I thought that you could make the windows GDI choosing
> beteween the native rasterizer and FT.

I see... Would be even more complex than "to replace".
In fact, if I have ideas about how "to replace" native
font management by Freetype, I have no clue about how
make them "co-existing" in a way that will allow the
"user" (which one, by the way) to choose.

And if you mean GDI choose, that is much more easy (the
solution is named "device driver", and I understand
people out there are doing such things for PCL printers),
but how do you intend to use it?

Antoine