Re: [Freetype] freetype1 vs freetype2 vs freetype [12].*

From: Allan Gottlieb
Subject: Re: [Freetype] freetype1 vs freetype2 vs freetype [12].*
Date: 20 Jan 2002 12:37:02 -0500

Antoine Leca <address@hidden> writes:

> Allan Gottlieb wrote:
> >
> > It seems that redhat includes both freetype1 and freetype2 in their
> > freetype rpm.  The -devel rpm
> <snip>
>
> So it melts down as a RedHat rpm problem, that is related with
> Freetype but is not at all something we can act on.
>
> Or do I miss something?

I agree that freetype is not the cause of the problem.

What is needed is an imlib2 rpm configured/packaged for redhat 7.2.
Further searching has found the answer
  http://witme.sourceforge.net/libferris.web/enigmabody.html
Has a complete set of imlib2 rpms.  I now have Eterm-9 working
correctly.

thanks again for your help,
allan