[Freetype] FT_Raster_Params::clip_box

From: n.
Subject: [Freetype] FT_Raster_Params::clip_box
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 18:59:29 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

I am using freetype in direct mode, rendering outlines with
FT_Raster_Params::flags & ft_raster_flag_direct true. I'm experimenting
problems when trying to use FT's clipping (ft_raster_flag_clip) instead
of my own, as freetype continues to send me out of screen spans.

here's what i have:

#ifdef FT_CLIP
  {
    params.flags |= ft_raster_flag_clip;

    // corrected clip_box (pen_x, pen_y is the new origin of the outline)
    params.clip_box.xMin = (-pen_x) << 6;
    params.clip_box.xMax = (image->width - 1 - pen_x) << 6;
    params.clip_box.yMin = (-pen_y) << 6;
    params.clip_box.yMax = (image->height - 1 - pen_y) << 6;
  }

  error = FT_Outline_Render(library, &outline, &params);
#endif

Here i have to change the clip_box to translated values since
i'm doing the outline translation outside of freetype.

My draw_span routine is receiving spans well outside of the
clip_box, defeating the whole point of doing the clipping in freetype.
(which was to reduce the number of spans to go through my draw_span
function)

Anybody would have encountered the same problem or an idea why this is
happening?

Thanks,
--n++k