[Freetype] Where should freetype be installed?

From: Joelmon2001
Subject: [Freetype] Where should freetype be installed?
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 12:27:15 EST

Hello, I first installed the freetype 1.3.5 rpm and then the 2.0+ version I got from a raq 3 (Server I use) help site

both are installed...this confused me, didn't know which would work with php/gd so then I just tried to install from source

I Presume all is ok, but I can't find the folder

shouldn't it be in usr/local/ or usr/local/include
if not, where?

I believe it's installed as gd found it, but I can't
cd into it. how do I find its path?

Thanks. Or should I not worry when I build php as when I compiled gd, it showed no errors for freetype ?