[Freetype] Bug with spaces in latest CVS release

From: Manuel Bleichenbacher
Subject: [Freetype] Bug with spaces in latest CVS release
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 13:39:08 +0100

Hi,

I've upgraded an application from freetype 2.0.4 to the latest CVS release.
Now there's a problem with spaces.

All the different freetype functions I use (FTC_Image_Cache_Lookup,
FT_Load_Glyph, etc.) return an error if a try to load the space glyph. I
don't really need a bitmap for them but I need the advance width.

The demo application "ftstring" has the same problem, e.g. try:

  ftstring -m "The quick brown fox" 11 c:\windows\fonts\arial.ttf

Am I doing something wrong with space characters or has a bug been
introduced recently?

-- Manuel