[Freetype] WIN CE Port and Usage ?

From: Jeremy
Subject: [Freetype] WIN CE Port and Usage ?
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:01:11 +0800

Hi,

I am developing a graphics application for WINCE.  WINCE as you may know is
very limited in its graphics ability, specifically paths and bezier curves.
I have had to replace a significant part of the CE graphics API with my own
code and now have a hybrid API that provides nearly all the graphics
elements I need.

CE fonts are still a problem as they are *very* slow.  I was wondering if
freetype would help with that, so I guess my questions are :

1. Has freetype been ported to CE successfully ? (I have an EVC++ project
that compiles the library O.K. but I have not tried it out yet)

2. Can I access the path information for individual glyphs as a complex
polygon (ie after bezier reduction but before rendering to a bitmap)

3. How do I continue to use the WINCE native fonts but render them with the
freetype engine?

4. Is freetype any faster than WINCE?

Thanks

Jeremy