[Freetype] unicode in ttf

From: Avatar
Subject: [Freetype] unicode in ttf
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 17:52:16 +0100

Hi all,
I'm new to freetype and to this list, but I didn't find a solution to my
problem anywhere.
How do I find out a glyph index of characters>128 in TrueType Fonts when
the character is not ASCII but in Latin2 or CP1250 codepage ?
FT_Get_Char_Index(face, char) simply doesn't work, because it (I believe) knows
nothing about the codepage the char is encoded in.
If I translate char to unicode representation and do a
FT_Get_Name_Index(face, char*), it returns 0 because name_index is NOT
IMPLEMENTED in TrueType driver. I'm using version 2.0.5, I checked the
source code thoroughly and I think that FT_Get_Name_Index works only for
PostScript and CCF fonts. Is that true ?

So my question is ... how do I draw a zcaron, aacute, ... using truetype
font ?

Thanks in advance..
                Tomas

--