Re: [Freetype] TrueType glyph names

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Freetype] TrueType glyph names
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 07:18:26 +0200

Hi Ian,

>   /*
>   /*   You would normally undefine this configuration macro when
> building
>   /*   a version of FreeType that doesn't contain a Type 1 or CFF
> driver.
>   /*
> #define FT_CONFIG_OPTION_POSTSCRIPT_NAMES
>
> I need to extract the glyph names that are actually contained in the
> TrueType font.  My application will be widely distributed, so requiring
> that the library be recompiled is not option.

Even if FT_CONFIG_OPTION_POSTSCRIPT_NAMES is undefined, the TrueType
driver should be able to return glyph names (as long as the other macro
named TT_CONFIG_OPTION_POSTSCRIPT_NAMES is defined !!)

> Is there any way to meet this requirement?

What do you mean. You can already extract the TrueType glyph names
from a standard build of the library (because FT_CONFIG_OPTION_POSTSCRIPT_NAMES)
is defined by default in "ftoption.h".

Playing with this option is only useful if you want to build a _smaller_
version of FT2 that doesn't support all the formats and features of the
default build. This is typically for embedded systems that only need the
TrueType driver..

If you're using a default build of FT2, you shouldn't have to worry about
recompilation..

- Regards,

- David