Re: [Freetype] Problems with Install of Freetype2 on Solaris 8

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Problems with Install of Freetype2 on Solaris 8
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 19:45:04 +0100 (CET)

> 1) "$ make setup" up selects cc as the compiler, but I have gcc and
> other library builds used gcc.  Tried "$ make setup gcc".  That did
> not work either.  I have not figured out how to get it to use gcc.
> I have just kept this config for now.

To force gcc you have to say `make setup CC=cc'.

Nevertheless it is indeed strange, because the configure script by
default starts with checking for gcc.  You should consult config.log.

> 2) "$ make install" fails for two reasons that I can see and maybe for a
> third.  First, unix-def.mk ends up with a path to the install-sh file that
> looks something like this
>
>     $HOME/freetype2/builds/unix/./install-sh.
>
> Of course, the "/./" screws things up.  I just hand edit that file to
> correct that bug.

Why does `/./' screw up things?  This is a valid part of the path,
AFAIK.  It seems that your shell has some problems...  Try bash.

> Second, even with corrected path, and even if I just type the
> desired command at the command prompt, I get "cannot execute
> install-sh".

This has been fixed in the current snapshot.  Simply say

  chmod 755 install-sh

to set the execution permission flag.

> Third, there is a "/./" error in the line that the installs
> libfreetype file.  I have not figured this one out, it does not
> present itself easily like the other case.

Again, this looks like a bug in the shell.