[Freetype] DNS and CVS changes for freetype.org

From: David Turner
Subject: [Freetype] DNS and CVS changes for freetype.org
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 19:42:23 +0100

Hello,

  I'd like to inform you that the FreeType DNS and CVS servers are
  going to change in the next few days. I sincerely hope that the
  DNS change will solve the incredible problems we're experiencing
  with "www.freetype.org".

  All services are going to be transered to the current web+ftp+mail
  server for FreeType.

  Here's the schedule:

       1. The CVS server is transfered first (and the address of
          of cvs.freetype.org updated accordingly)

          FOR ALL PEOPLE HAVING PENDING COMMITS IN THEIR LOCAL
          DIRECTORIES, PLEASE COMMIT TONIGHT.

          the new server is already accessible using the
          following temporary CVSROOT:

               :pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot

          where "XXXXXX" is either "anonymous" or your cvs login
          for people having one. Note that the new server doesn't
          accept write requests (i.e. commits).

          write access will be disabled on the old server
          and enabled on the new one tomorrow (Friday)
          afternoon. (any meanwhile changes to the old server
          will be transfered before the switch).

          Read access will still be available on the old server
          though to avoid problems with the IP address change..

       2. The CVSROOT is going to change (a few days later) from:

                  :pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot

          to:

                  :pserver:address@hidden:/cvs/freetype

          note however that the old CVSROOT will continue to
          work (as a symlink) for about a week and then be deleted..

       3. The DNS is transfered to www.freetype.org, and we'll pray
          that everything works well this time..

       4. The old server is disconnected on Monday or Tuesday.

Regards,

- David Turner