[Freetype] Ugly 8 point monochrome - Problem solved

From: Niels A. Moseley
Subject: [Freetype] Ugly 8 point monochrome - Problem solved
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:45:38 +0100

Hi all,

Just wanted to say that I solved the ugly 8 point arial monochrome font
rendering problem.
It wasn't Freetype - haha - it was me! I was moving the glyphs around using
fractional offsets.. That is a NO-NO because it destroys the hinting.. And
causing bad Karma for me ;-). I changed the translation to whole pixel
distances and voila! A+ for Freetype!

However, there does still seem to be a small problem with the 'w'. It has
extra pixels. Any idea what is causing that?

Cheers, Niels.