Re: freetype color

From: Stefan Seefeld
Subject: Re: freetype color
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 14:57:56 -0500

Boris Letocha wrote:

> > is it possible to generate a 16, 24 or 32 bits true color pixmap with
> > freetype?
> This you must do yourself - it is another thing than rendering text.
>
> Example:
> get 256 gray scale pixmap from FT2
> use this as apha channel for some texture
> and blend it to screen
> you will see textured antialiased text - just perfect :-)

on the other hand, it would be a good optimization point to provide the means to
let freetype render directly into a format which is useable without
crossblitting.
It is probably too late for such a change, as you are going to release FreeType2
shortly, but I think the renderer would be another good candidate for a modular
structure (or better, the low level output driver).

Stefan

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique
Universite de Montreal