Re: squished fonts?

From: Juliusz Chroboczek
Subject: Re: squished fonts?
Date: 30 Aug 2000 15:26:03 +0100

HY> I'm running XFree86 4.0.1 with the freetype font backend enabled.

A better place to discuss this might be the XFree86 fonts list.
David, could you confirm whether XFree86 discussion is welcome on this
list?

HY> But, my fonts appear narrower than normal (making it almost
HY> impossible to read in some cases)...

I am not aware of any such problem.  Are you sure that you're getting
the right font?  Your fontpath might be set up weird.

Could you also check whether ftview with your font produces the
expected results?

Thanks for the report,

                                        J.