RE: A couple of issues with freetype2-beta6

From: Pedriana, Paul
Subject: RE: A couple of issues with freetype2-beta6
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 12:22:22 -0700

   >>I'm not asking for caching, just an API that
   >>allows implementing it. If I can specify GlyphSlot
   >>to load a Glyph into, that's all I need.

Since when doesn't the current design allow for caching?
Didn't somebody recently post a caching scheme? Maybe I
misinterpret the question.

What I do is create a C++ STL map of glyphs to cached glyph
information. New entries are loaded on demand and entries can
be purged via a simple LRU (last recently used) algorithm.
Thus, when a string of text needs to be drawn, each character
is looked up in the set and all the information, including
a pre-drawn version of the character, is there to simply blit.

Paul