RE: A couple of issues with freetype2-beta6

From: Gaiser, Jason
Subject: RE: A couple of issues with freetype2-beta6
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 09:32:45 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: David Turner [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2000 2:30 AM
To: Stefan Seefeld
Cc: address@hidden
>Hi Stefan,
>
>  Hummm... we've discussed this point a lot lately, and I added an optional
>  component (see <freetype/ftglyph.h>) to do basically what you asked for.

Do you mean FT_Get_Glyph_Outline?  How would I use it?

>  example, and probably an UML-like diagram too, would help us
>  understand better what you're asking for..

How about a UML diagram for freetype? :)

I understand its not freetype's responsibility to implement graphics and
caching, but what about including an example to give some ideas?  I'd love
to donate source code once I figure out how to do it...

Also:
I'm currently rendering to an intermediate buffer, and then copying the data
into a 16 bit frame buffer.  This slows things down alot.  It appears the
rendering callbacks may allow me to create my own renderer that could render
to the 16bit buffer directly (and maybe implement alpha and colored text as
well?).  Is this correct? And is there any source/docs for it yet?

Thanks for the help!
jason