Re: Using the FreeType 2.0 Polygon Rasterizer in a GraphicsPackage

From: Dave Williss
Subject: Re: Using the FreeType 2.0 Polygon Rasterizer in a GraphicsPackage
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:53:10 -0600

It's also useful for other special effects not related to boldifying text.
For example,
doing special gradient fills or filling with some pattern. These are
artistic things not
directly related to typography, but to do them requires the outline of the
font as a
series of points (I.e. with the curves interpolated already for the size
needed)