Re: Adding extra character mappings to true type files

From: Pavel Kankovsky
Subject: Re: Adding extra character mappings to true type files
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 10:04:05 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 9 Mar 2000, Craig Peter Drummond wrote:

> However, when I come to display a postscript file (printed from StarOffice)
> using 'gs' or 'gv' the program crashes and complains that there's a problem
> with the ttf file. (It works fine with an unmodified file). I don't
> understand the error messages that are produced.

With all due respect to Alladin, this is probably a deficiency in
Ghostscript and it is not related to FreeType because GS does not
use FT. Can FT programs grok those fonts? Is ttfdump happy? Do they work
with MS Windows?

--Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]
"Resistance is futile. Open your source code and prepare for assimilation."