Problems installing

From: Colin Devine
Subject: Problems installing
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 10:26:51 -0500 (EST)

I am trying to install freetype on a redhat linux system (x86) and am
using the source because my boss does not like us to use rpm's all the
time.  My problem is that this server does not have X installed on it and
so the tests fail when looking for the X library.  I attempted to only
compile the freetype library by following the FAQ and doing a ./compile
and then cd'ing into the lib directory and doing a make.  However this
fails with a no target.  Is there a way to compile freetype without the
tests or without checking for X?  Oh yeh, this is freetype 1.3.1 (should I
try the beta 2?  Thanks for your time.

Colin Devine
Magpage Internet Services
302-239-5900 x239