Call for FreeType mirrors !!

From: David Turner
Subject: Call for FreeType mirrors !!
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 19:52:14 +0100

Hello,

  The FreeType site is apparently much more succesful than I initially
  thought when I moved it to a new server. As a consequence, we enjoy
  between 280 & 500 downloads a day from the FTP server, and a number
  of hits I didn't really quantify yet from the web and CVS services.

  It might not seem impressive, but my company is paying the server's
  hosting on a bandwidth basis, and we recently received a surprising
  invoice that tells that we're now _way_ out of our current billing
  threshold (by about 9Gb.. !!) for the month of January.

  I can pay the bill this time, and for February, but I regret that
  my company will not be able to support such a large bandwidth for
  FreeType very long..

  Meanwhile, I'm more or less convinced that bandwidth will be much
  larger when FT2 is released in a few months, and we'd better be
  ready to support the huge load the release will create, IMHO..

  I am thus now calling for mirrors for the FTP site. I'm also
  considering moving the FTP & Anonymous CVS to SourceForge or a
  similar site.

  Any comments and suggestions are welcomed :-)

- David Turner