Uninitalized Face data

From: Arnar Mar Hrafnkelsson
Subject: Uninitalized Face data
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 17:43:22 -0500 (EST)

Hi, I'm pretty new to Freetype so I hope this isn't a faq question
( I did check the faq and most of the text files in the doc directory ).

If I have an array of instance handles say:

int i;
TT_instance instance[10];

for(i=0;i<10;i++) {
  instance[i]=NULL;  /* this is the part that
                        it doesn't like */
}

The reason is that freetype arranges TT_instance like:

struct TT_Instance_ { void*  z; };
typedef struct TT_Instance_  TT_Instance;

It seems that I have two choices -

1) Check the internal z pointer
  - which would seem like doing something I shouldn't be doing.

2) Create an array of pointers to TT_instance and dereference all the
time.
  - This is a tad annoying since this seems to be a pointer anyway.

It would be nice to have some macros like: Not_Null( instance );
but from what I gathered in the documentation they were mostly for
internals programming.

Thanks for your time.

        Arnar M. Hrafnkelsson
        (address@hidden)