Re: Problem compiling freetype with bcc32 v5.5

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: Problem compiling freetype with bcc32 v5.5
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 09:53:11 +0100

Hi Erwin,

Erwin Dieterich a écrit :

> I tried to compile freetype (http://www.freetype.org) with the
> free Borland C++ 5.5. Some programs compile, but then I get
> the following error message:
>
> Turbo Incremental Link 5.00 Copyright (c) 1997, 2000 Borland
>         bcc32 -c -oarch\win32\gw_win32 @MAKE0001.@@@
> Borland C++ 5.5 for Win32 Copyright (c) 1993, 2000 Borland
> arch\win32\gw_win32.c:
> Error E2356 C:\Borland\BCC55\include\winbase.h 6974: Type mismatch in
> redeclaration of 'AccessCheckByTypeResultListAndAuditAlarmByHandle'
> Error E2344 C:\Borland\BCC55\include\winbase.h 6952: Earlier declaration
> of 'AccessCheckByTypeResultListAndAuditAlarmByHandle'
> *** 2 errors in Compile ***
>
> What is going wrong?

Well, it's difficult to tell from there, I don't have this compiler but it seems
that the problem is unrelated to FreeType.

Basically, you have a reallyLongFunctionIdentifier redefined twice in your
"winbase.h" Maybe some macro defined in "test\arch\win32\gw_win32.c" is bad.
Could you look at the function definitions in your "winbase.h" to see what that
could be ?

Anyway, it seems to only affect the Win32 graphics driver used by the test
program.
It doesn't interfere with FreeType compilation, does it ??

Cheers,

- David