Re: 3 patches for freetype2 / freetype2-demo, and etc

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: 3 patches for freetype2 / freetype2-demo, and etc
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 04:42:54 +0000 (UTC)

>> Perhaps a misunderstanding: I want to know how *the code* should be
>> changed.  Can you provide a pseudo-patch or something like that?
>
> I just means something like this - it being before
> "modules[FT_MAX_MODULES]" (a structure changeable in size per
> build/release) in particular.   [...]

OK, thanks.  I could apply such a change *right now* in case it is
beneficial for your work – why do you think this is something for
FreeType 3?

IMHO there are zero backward-compatibility issues: programs that
tinker with FreeType internals (like accessing `FT_LibraryRec`
directly) *must* be tied to a particular FreeType version, not being
allowed to accept anything newer or older.

    Werner