Re: ftdump can show the CID registry, ordering, and supplement?

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: Re: ftdump can show the CID registry, ordering, and supplement?
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 01:48:54 +0900

In my opinion, only validated CIDs are interesting. Therefore,
FT_Get_CID_From_Glyph_Index is confusing to me. It looks like it is useful for
CFF only but not for Type 1. It looks like the we need different approaches:
FT_Load for t1cid and FT_Get_CID for CFF.

OK. Yet I've not checked what would happen when I try to convert
O'Reilly's old CID fonts to CFF or OpenType/CFF, but I can understand
your confusion about t1cid's FT_Get_CID_From_Glyph_Index().

Do you know where I can find some CFF CID-fonts?

Umm, it's good and difficult question. Adobe released Source Han family in
OpenType/CFF formats.

https://github.com/adobe-fonts/source-han-sans/tree/release
https://github.com/adobe-fonts/source-han-serif/tree/release/

but I heard their ROSs are "Adobe-Identity-0" (not the traditional Adobe-CNS1,
etc),
they give no information what kind of the glyphs are included, and no
information
whether their glyph sets are same with other fonts marked as "Adobe-Identity-0".
The experts in this project might have regarded the declaration of glyph set by
ROS is legacy technology.

There are reworked versions of Source Hans, named "HaranoAji", to emulate
traditional Adobe-Japan1 etc, but the project owner explains "cover
Adobe-Japan1-6 all, but cover Adobe-Japan1-7 partially".

https://github.com/trueroad/HaranoAjiFonts (Adobe-Japan1)
https://github.com/trueroad/HaranoAjiFontsCN (Adobe-GB1)
https://github.com/trueroad/HaranoAjiFontsTW (Adobe-CNS1)
https://github.com/trueroad/HaranoAjiFontsKR (Adobe-KR)