Re: Problem with flagging font as 'tricky'

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: Re: Problem with flagging font as 'tricky'
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 10:06:10 +0900

Dear Werner, Justyna and Roy,

"DLC" was introduced by the request from Mr. Roy Tam,

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/freetype/freetype/-/commit/0ed9fef032641c30d0398d98a01b69eca1c15224

The assumed font file*s* were dlctt-m7.ttf and dftt-f5.ttf. Revisiting the changeset, using
"DLC" prefix in the deny list is slightly too greedy idea to catch all Dynalab fonts, I
feel. Also it could be slightly odd to understand the situation as "2 different fonts produced
by same company have same family name", because it means that the customer cannot use these 2
fonts at the same time. Mr. Roy, do you have more detailed info to identify the fonts precisely?

Regards,
mpsuzuki