Re: [ft-devel] [SPAM] Re: color framework

From: armin
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [SPAM] Re: color framework
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 11:14:46 -0000

>>> Let's see whether someone is interested in this.  What about making
>>>
>>>   Add SVG support
>>>
>>> a GSoC project?  :-)
>>
>> Ooohhh that's an extremely interesting and tempting thing; I wish I
>> could participate again (or had more time in general) :D
>
> The former is possible AFAIK,

I think you can only participate twice in total?  Also, if everything goes
well, I should be done with university in February ^^

> the latter is your very own problem :-)

True, true ...

> In general, the idea is as follows.
>
>   * Evaluate the freely available SVG libraries which would fit the
>     job best.
>   * Define FreeType API functions and hooks for transferring data from
>     the font's `SVG' table to the external library.
>   * Ditto for transferring the resulting (bitmap) output back into
>     FreeType.

I am surprised that the API currently doesn't have anything like that;
isn't there support for external rendering already?

> Anything else?

Sounds good to me.  Should be a lot of fun to do :)