freecats-dev

Re: [Freecats-Dev] Tr: Welcome to Free CATS list

From: Michael Roberts
Subject: Re: [Freecats-Dev] Tr: Welcome to Free CATS list
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 20:01:06 -0500

Henri Chorand wrote:

As a rule, we professional translators consider that a web services
interface is not a perfect goal, even if it would be handy, and nothing
would prevent anybody from developing one compatible with our TM server, of
course.

A Web *services* interface is not the same as a Web interface. The former is an XML standard providing arbitrary functionality to an arbitrary (and usually GUI) client -- this is thus a very probable direction for Free CATS.

Sorry for my silence lately -- I've been busy. And then, unfortunately, I managed to lose my entire email archive -- I think I might just as well lose part of my brain. The upshot was I lost contact with the group here. I should be able to get into things pretty soon, though.

Michael