erw-devel

[Erw-devel] Re: 5BErw-deve javascript error in IE

From: erw-devel
Subject: [Erw-devel] Re: 5BErw-deve javascript error in IE
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 23:35:56 -0000

In-Reply-To=1068979568.4778.19.camel%40urfida.trippa.org

For what it's worth, I needed to popup a window, submit a form to my database,
create an array from the result and return it to a global variable of the
window.opener. As long as the popup window was open the opener window could
reference the array. But I needed to close the window because its only reason
for being was the trip to the database. Nothing displayed on it.

Even tougher -- the variable name needed to be based on input from the user so
I couldn't predefine it on the opening window.

As soon as the window was closed I got the same error:

Error: The callee (server [not server application]) is not available and
disappeared; all connections are invalid. The call did not execute.

After playing with passing back the array as an array in every way I could
think of, I gave up and decided to return a string with the array values
delimited. That meant having to parse the string into an array using .split()
when the values were needed, but at least the kludge works.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com