emacs-tangents

Re: Blog post

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Blog post
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 14:11:07 +0100

"Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide" via Emacs news and miscellaneous discussions
outside the scope of other Emacs mailing lists wrote:

>>> Yes, they were totally justified — but usually not
>>> helpful. Most times they needlessly hurt people who then
>>> often stopped contributing. A friendly text may have
>>> helped to stay together and actually fix the problem to
>>> move forward as community. - Arne
>>
>> Nobody gets hurt. It is commonly a type of vengeance (a
>> form of retaliation) intended to dissuade contrarian views
>> directed towards the developers.
>
> I think there’s a misunderstanding here.
>
> When I ranted, my rants were justified, but my rants hurt
> people and that did not help.

Often ranting happens when you are frustrated that people
don't talk to you, so you are not allowed to show frustration
in a good way, you show it in a bad way.

But on e-mail discussion lists it is possible to always write
a more friendly letter.

Sometimes ranting happens still and it isn't that bad.
Often one feels so bad from the whole situation, one feels one
wrote something horrible. But it is often not the case, it is
just one's own feelings one reads into it. HHOS.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal