Re: MPS: face-cache

From: Gerd Möllmann
Subject: Re: MPS: face-cache
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 08:04:17 +0200

Helmut Eller <eller.helmut@gmail.com> writes:

>> Maybe the frame matrix is actually responsible for the crashes.
>
> Actually the problem was that I forgot to revert the corresponding
> igc_xfree call.  I only looked at the code and without debugger.
> Stupidly inefficient.

Maybe it was simply too late in the evening, at least for me it was :-).

> With the correct xfree in place nothing more than usual crashes. So I
> guess it works for the glyph matrices in windows. For glyph matrices
> in frames it's a bit different. Those have a glyph pool which must be
> traced too. Are nrows, ncolumns in glyph_pool of any relevance, or can
> we just loop over the nglyphs there?

I think it would suffice if we only trace the windows mactrices + check
that the glyph pool of the frame is not made a root, because it need not
be a root.

Reason is that the window matrices on tty frames are sub-allocated from
the pool in such a way that all matrices taken together form the frame
matrix. So, when we trace window matrices, all windows taken together
trace the frame matrices.

WDYT Eli?