Re: MPS: face-cache

From: Gerd Möllmann
Subject: Re: MPS: face-cache
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 20:47:03 +0200

Helmut Eller <eller.helmut@gmail.com> writes:

>> But I'm fine with both approaches. A FIXME suffices.
>
> Here are some more small fixes.  I don't have test cases for them.  The
> mere fact that a structure has a field of type Lisp_Object should be
> argument enough to write the code to trace it.  Having tests would of
> course be better.

Hallo Helmut,

i wonder - now that we trace glyph matrices, could we get rid of the
ambig roots created in dispnew.c? like

#ifdef HAVE_MPS
                igc_xnrealloc_ambig (row->glyphs[LEFT_MARGIN_AREA],
                               dim.width, sizeof (struct glyph));
#else
                xnrealloc (row->glyphs[LEFT_MARGIN_AREA],
                           dim.width, sizeof (struct glyph));
#endif