Re: [NonGNU ELPA] Package suggestion: yeetube

From: Thanos Apollo
Subject: Re: [NonGNU ELPA] Package suggestion: yeetube
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2023 16:33:22 +0300

Daniel Martín <mardani29@yahoo.es> writes:

Thanos Apollo <public@thanosapollo.com> writes:

Hello,

I've been trying to learn elisp and made this simple niche package, to watch & download youtube content via Emacs using only free software.

Homepage: https://git.thanosapollo.com/yeetube/about/

Thanks for writing this package, it looks interesting.

Thanks!

I see it requires Emacs 29.1, but is there a reason it requires such a recent version of Emacs? I'd set the minimum version to something older, if possible, so that users on older versions of Emacs can still use recent
packages like yours.

I only used `defvar-keymap` which requires 29.1. I will redo the keymap the 'old way' and set the minimum version to 27.2 (for cl-lib)

--
Thanos Apollo
https://thanosapollo.com