Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Re: DVD burners

From: Bryan J . Smith
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Re: DVD burners
Date: 15 May 2005 09:56:47 -0500

From:  Volker Kuhlmann
> I searched a few local shops and none sell anything under Matsushita.

First off, Panasonic is another name for Matsushita.
Secondly, how many people buy Philips-brand DVD+R/+RW drives?
Most buy Sony, HP or countless other licensees.
LG, Pioneer, Toshiba and many, many others are Matsushita licenees.

The LG GSA series is, by far, the ultimate drive series.

> You say Matsushita-based - what
> models would that translate to in
> practice?

Just by LG.  I stated that in the same thread, as well as in the thread before.

Since this has now been discussed no less than 3 times on-list and off-list
over the past half-year,
I can only conclude you like to hear yourself talk on-list, and you revisit
things that you have already admitted to making in error before.

You remind me of a fellow author/consultant who constantly got himself into
trouble,
and I always had to bail out of trouble with editors/clients when he came
crawling to me.
He's insult me and/or taunt me in public, in attempts to discredit me - often
revisiting things that newer subscribers were hearing first.

Of course I stopped when he went as far as telling the FBI I hacked his server.
He had become so fixated on me that everything he said to others had to include
a discredit of me.
On the positive side, I had compiled a never-ending set of information  which I
turned into articles, books, HOWTOs, etc...,
thanx to his continuing bungling and messes I cleaned up for him.