[Dvdrtools-users] DVD compatibility

From: Stavros Vologiannidis
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] DVD compatibility
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 20:31:27 +0300

Hi,

This is probably not entirely related to dvdrtools but I am out of ideas.

I need to write DVD-R that have the following file structure (cannot change
it :(  ):
20 directories at root
Each directory has 3000 files in it.

I use mkisofs with joliet extensions to create the iso, then write the iso
file to a dvd-r with dvdrecord.
The DVD can be mounted on the linux machine, and on win2000 machines.
The DVD is unreadable on win98se machines.

Is this a win98 problem?
Note that in cdrfaq (http://www.cdrfaq.org/faq02.html#S2-24) it is said that
windows will treat ISO9660 internally as FAT16.

If I use UDF will anything change?

Any ideas are welcome.