Re: [Duplicity-talk] Azure in cygwin

From: Marcin Okraszewski
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Azure in cygwin
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2018 10:50:23 +0100

Hi,
I have updated the Azure backend to the latest version Storage SDK. It
is attached. Following the convention I made it backward compatible,
but unfortunately I wasn't able to test it with the old version.

I have also extended the functionality to set the uploaded blob
storage tier (hot, cool or archive). You can set it by environment
variables, eg. AZURE_DATA_TIER='Archive' and
AZURE_MANIFEST_TIER='Cool' . Leaving those unset works as previously,
without setting any tier. Unfortunately I had to introduce two tier
settings as backup process for some reason reads latest manifest file
from the backend even if local cache is in sync, and is not possible
to download archived blobs in that process (it works similar to AWS
Glacier). By the way I wonder why it downloads the latest manifest
when it has it in local cache.

Do you want to include it into duplicity maybe? Should I create some
pull request?

Thanks,
Marcin