[Duplicity-talk] Prevent duplicity to download all manifests

From: darkdragon
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Prevent duplicity to download all manifests
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 23:40:36 +0200

Whenever I want to restore some files to another machine (no local cache), it downloads ALL manifests. When I want only the latest version, I only need the last full one and following incremental ones. This could be detected based on the filenames which include the dates.
This change would speed up restore times a lot. We have a full backup every day but store 6 months of history for example.

Am I just missing some option or is there really no other way?

Btw: I found this "solution" to add a custom prefix which includes the date (again): https://serverfault.com/a/806266/347492