[Pnet-developers] Some recomendations please

From: rolandpish
Subject: [Pnet-developers] Some recomendations please
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 10:22:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, I'm planning to start developing desktop applications on C# with MySQL
that can be run under Windows9x,2K,XP and under Linux too.
I've read about Mono project, it sounds good but it is only for Windows 2000
or greater and I need something to run on a windows 98 machine.
I don't want to use anything from Microsoft to develop.
I've read about this portable .NET and I have a couple of questions before
starting to develop and just to check if this is suitable for me.

1. Is it possible to develop with dotGNU using a Windows 98 machine?
2. Is it possible to develop using Glade and dotGNU?
3. I need to build reports. At this moment I don't know what to use to
generate reports. What can I use or what do you recommend for making
reports?

Just for the record, I've been programming in Java and using jasperreports
with iReport (report designer). I would like to change to C#

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

Regards