Re: [Pnet-developers] Porting work remaining question

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Porting work remaining question
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 01:22:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

>     - provided a platform-specific spawn (is this
> even required by the
> sample?)

Well it's required for cscc to work properly ..
it spawns cscc-cs (or some other plugin) and reads
the pipe.

> I've turned on IL_CVM_DUMP and when running 'ilrun
> hello.exe' there
> seems to be a reasonable amount of output. I'm
> curious if someone
> familiar with this information can determine if
> things are indeed
> progressing correctly,

Yes, it seems to be entering Console.WriteLine
properly . However the last time I checked
Console.WriteLine needs 7302 hashtable insertions
and a Lot of CharFills to get the Unicode encoders
working :) . There are a lot of static constructors
which are being executed to load the codepage ,
encodings etc.

Hello World is *not* that trivial an example :)

Gopal